Video Killed the Radio Star” is a song written by Trevor Horn, Bruce Wolley and Geoff Bownes in 1978. We love our radio when we are driving our cars or cruising around the lake in our boat but when it comes to getting our news, learning a new skill or researching the best vacation experience, it’s video.
Creating videos in the digital age is just so millennial and the preferred channel to communicate. The latest video technology has transformed the landscape of content marketing in a dynamic fashion. Below are five reasons why your company should be using video marketing today.
- Videos give marketers purchasing power. Based on a report done by Tubularinsights sixty-four percent of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos. Catching the viewer’s eye and exciting their senses is the ultimate goal of why is it important to produce top shelf work. Think about what is going to grab a potential customer’s interest.
- Google loves videos! That’s is why 87% of online marketers use video content. Trying to reach the 55% of people watching videos every day. The pillar of creation is to never lose sight of the fact your video tells a lot about you and your company in a short amount of time. The quality of the video, style of the graphics, tone of the voice artists and the usefulness of the information, will all play a part in how your audience will view your company brand.
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube alone everyday. (via WordStream) Therefore, understanding your audience’s appetite for content will allow you to create a menu of videos that they are sure to consume.
- Creating fun and entertaining videos encourage social shares. Video marketers must remember that people share emotions, not facts. 76% of users say they would share a branded video with their friends if it was entertaining. (via dreamgrow) In return, social shares can increase traffic to your site.
- Today people are too busy to read a long description of your products or services so they would rather watch a video explaining that to them. Video marketing can capture a wide audience, and it works on many levels. Make sure to make your videos not only visually appealing but easy listening. That way they are working double time and you gain that competitive advantage.